Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fried Vegetable Buns

Fried Vegetable Buns
  
Recipe modified from Detik Food.

Ingredients:
300 g bread flour
50 g all purpose flour or cake flour
1 g instant yeast
2 egg yolks
180 ml water or milk
75 g unsalted butter
1/2 tsp salt

For the filling:
2 tbsp cooking oil
30 g onion, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
100 g minced meat (beef, pork or chicken of your choice. Here I used beef.)
100 g potato, diced. (the original recipe used cooked potato, I used raw one)
100 g carrot, diced
2 tbsp frozen green peas ( I used long bean)
1 tbsp dark sweet soya sauce
2 tbsp light soya sauce
100 ml water
1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
1/2 tsp white pepper powder
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1 tbsp chopped bird eye chili (optional)
1/2 tsp salt

For coating:
1 bowl plain water
100 g bread crumbs
Enough oil for deep frying

Method:

For the filling:
Saute the onion and garlic till fragrance.  Add in minced meat, break the lump. Add in potato following by carrot. Pour in water, leave it simmering till the potato is soft. Add it the rest ingredients and cook till the water is evaporated. Set aside to cool.

Sift bread flour and cake flour into a bowl. Stir in instant yeast following by eggs. Pour water gradually into flour and stir till form a sticky well-combined dough. Add in butter, knead till it forms a smooth elastic dough. (it took me around 1/2 an hour to knead with bare hands.) Add in salt, knead for another 10 minutes till the salt is evenly combined.  Cover with cling wrap and leave to prove for 1 hour.

Punch and lightly knead the dough. Divide the dough into 30g round ball, roll each dough flat. Scoop one spoonful filling on the dough, seal  and shape into a desired shape. Leave to prove for another half  an hour.
Deep the buns in water, roll them on bread crumbs and deep fry till golden brown.

I am submitting this recipe to Aspiring Bakers #8 Bread Seduction hosted by The Sweetylicious.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. With my limitation of language and I can achieve this far, I believe you also can. Keep updating new post, I will be the 1st one to follow you. Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've got my 1st visitor. Thanks Sonia. I'm sure you know how happy I am to receive your comment after a long wait for a precious visitor. Thank you for so encouraging, I really appreciate and will keep trying.

    ReplyDelete